Friday 20 December 2013

Generation 8, Chapter 16 [PART 2] - Olivia.

Previously ...


''That isn't ...'' I said worryingly, looking down at my feet awkwardly.

''It is. Oswald meet your daughter, Olivia.'' Oswlad Ex - wife said to him, looking down at the enthusiastic little toddler.

---


''What the hell are you doing here!?''  Oswald shouted out at Launa, who was still standing there quite awkwardly with Oswald's child in her hands.


''I - I thought it would be a good time to meet your daughter ...'' She said quite loudly, matching Oswald's angry tone.

''Oh what, three years later!'' Oswald replied harshly, causing his child to go silent.


''Oswald calm down, you're scaring Olivia! Why don't we all just calm down, sit in the living room and have a proper chat about this ... Okay?'' I suggested, hoping they'd both calm down for the sake of their child, my ears and my unsettled stomach ...

''That's fine with me ...'' Launa politely agreed.

''Whatever ...'' Oswald said angrily, looking at me.

''Oswald, be nice, at least until she's gone.'' I whispered as quietly as possible to him, hoping he'd be civil about the current situation.


For a few minuets, the room went completely quiet, and consequently became full of awkwardness. I couldn't help but admire their little daughter, she just seemed so normal and unaware about the whole situation, even though she was three, clearly old enough to know what was going on.


''So ... Launa is it?'' I asked, trying to get the conversation started.

''Yes. I'm sure Oswald has told you a lot about me.'' She said, looking at Oswald for him to then cut his eye at her and continue to casually play with his daughter.

''Yeah, he sure has. Not to beat around the bush or anything but why are you here ...?'' I awkwardly asked.


''Well ... Let me explain. I know you'll probably say no, so there's pretty much no point of asking but I need a huge, life changing favor ...'' She said, looking quite sad as she said it.

''And that is?'' Oswald abruptly said.

''I was hoping you and you're ... wife?'' She discreetly asked.

''Fiance.'' I replied quickly.

''Well ... Fiance, would be able to take Olivia into your care full time.'' She asked. I sort of went breathless as she asked that huge favor, not seeing it coming one bit.



''You're some piece of work Launa! You have my baby, don't even let me know her name, take all custody rights from me and then three years later stumble into our home and practically giver us to her! That's fucking messed up!'' Oswald viciously said to Launa. Olivia turned around and frowned slightly at her dad as he swore and I also gave him a disappointing look as well.


''Well I'm sorry! If I'm honest, I done it purely for revenge. I never wanted to divorce you, in all honesty you were the love of my life, and I could clearly see from that day you would get with her and as I can clearly see now ... Marry her. But that's in the past. We're having really bad money trouble right now, so much so that I just can't handle bringing Olivia up in a dingy one bedroom flat. You guys live the high life ... Huge house, multiple businesses, you have it all for her and I'm wondering, if you could, could you please take her into your care? Not for me, but for her. Please ...?'' Launa literally pleaded.

I looked back at Oswald, and he looked just as shocked as I was at that moment.


''Dad, swearing is bad!'' Olivia innocently shouted at her dad, as he let out a little smile.

''I'm sorry little girl, I won't swear again!'' He replied.

''... Give us a minuet, we need to talk about this.'' Oswald said to Launa, as he stood up.


''As much as I hate Launa for what she done, I really do love my daughter, even though I just met her. She seems so full of life and I'm sure she'd fit in perfect with us ....'' He said.


''... What I'm asking is that, would you help me bring her up?'' He asked me. I had my mind up well before he asked me that question, and the obvious answer would be yes.


''Of course I would Oswald! You've done so much for me throughout these three years, especially when I went to Prison ... You waited for me, for one and half years! This is the least I can do for you, and besides, Olivia would be an amazing addition to our new family!'' I said excitingly.


''Thank you so much Stella ... Oh and don't think this is going to stop us having our own children because I want that more than anything!'' He reassured me, amorously hugging me at the same time.


''Launa ... Don't think I done this for you, because I didn't. I'm only doing this for the sake and well being of my daughter, nothing else. But thank you, I'm glad you didn't choose another option like adoption or stuff like that ...'' Oswald said to her.

''I thought it was a perfect time to do this. Do you mind if I say goodbye to her? Her things are in the hallway.'' She replied

''No problem go ahead.'' He replied.


''Goodbye my little flower, don't think because I'm leaving you here doesn't mean I don't love you because I love you more than anything. In fact, I'm doing this because I love you.'' She cooed.

''I love you too mum, are you going to visit me!?'' Olivia asked anxiously.

''If it's okay with daddy and his fiance, sure! But not as often though, mummy has to sort out her life first, get things in order ...'' She said, as she teared up.

If I'm to be honest, I felt really sorry for Launa, having to bring up a child in her financial state for three years, however that still isn't a good reason for her to deny Oswald access to Olivia ...


''Thank you Stella, and Oswald. I really appreciate this.'' She said, as she walked towards the front door.


''No problem, Launa. She is my daughter after all.'' I replied as she let out a little smile.

---


Some few days later, I was greeted in the morning with some lovely sickness.

''Oh shit-.'' I said quickly as the vomit circled inside my mouth.


I bolted through the multiple hallways of the bottom floor and literally flung my head into the toilet.

''Oh god ...'' I said, wiping the remaining vomit off my face.


''You're not ... P-Pregnant ... right?'' Oswald awkwardly asked as he came in with Olivia.

''I- I think I am.'' I replied.

---

Babies galore aye ^_^ Thanks for reading Part 2 of Chapter 16 of The Cronwell Legacy

I hoped you liked it, and if you did, please leave a little comment!

Thanks. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really Like feedback so if you have some time leave a Comment and I will reply :)